Justice decided that I needed coffee so he could make pancakes this morning! So he proceeded to put together coffee for me:
- 4 handfuls of coffee beans into the grinder (his hands are smaller and that’s what we’ve figure out to be the right “measurement” for him)
- Clean out the coffee press – ok no biggie
- put ground beans in the press – easy enough
- add water….errr he added tap water which is pretty hot but forgot that we usually use boiling water oh well!
- press the coffee without making a mess – mission accomplished for him
- pour into a mug add sugar and half & half —UT OH it’s kinda cold now…..
- toss mug into microwave to warm up coffee and lovingly bring to mom
“ummm kinda cool isn’t it?”
“…. yeah I had to microwwave it….”
“didn’t you boil the water?”
“… DOH! ummm no I micowaved it tho so it would warm up a little!”
“are you awake enough now to help me make pancakes?”
Searches internet for recipe… finds a video recipe for him to watch. He’s delighted and just needs ingredient amounts called out to him.
In between the calls of “What’s next?” I hear:
“ERRRRHHG! an egg just fell!”
“Clean it up!”
So now we have pancake batter and he’s cleaning up the mess from that before he starts actually cooking.
Cooking has commenced and soo it looks like we’ll have some pretty darn good pancakes!