So graciously Justice shares his computer with Sera on occasion and yesterday was one of those times. She was busily playing Minecraft, his favorite game, with me, his favorite person to play with. He wants his computer back and is hinting at it gently but Sera isn’t quite ready to give up her turn. So I ask if his room is clean… yes, is the laundry running ….silence…..Nooo…..then go get the machines going…. you just got mom’ed!
So, I come home to find that the kids have been minorly grounded for not doing laundry right and not putting out the trash (both kids). Pretty minor things they both know how to do *sigh* So after spending some time in their rooms for the offense to get out of their room they had to do not just the “Hokey Pokey” but “Gangam Style”. LOL They are now both happily playing Minecraft.
Justice decided that I needed coffee so he could make pancakes this morning! So he proceeded to put together coffee for me:
- 4 handfuls of coffee beans into the grinder (his hands are smaller and that’s what we’ve figure out to be the right “measurement” for him)
- Clean out the coffee press – ok no biggie
- put ground beans in the press – easy enough
- add water….errr he added tap water which is pretty hot but forgot that we usually use boiling water oh well!
- press the coffee without making a mess – mission accomplished for him
- pour into a mug add sugar and half & half —UT OH it’s kinda cold now…..
- toss mug into microwave to warm up coffee and lovingly bring to mom
“ummm kinda cool isn’t it?”
“…. yeah I had to microwwave it….”
“didn’t you boil the water?”
“… DOH! ummm no I micowaved it tho so it would warm up a little!”
“are you awake enough now to help me make pancakes?”
Searches internet for recipe… finds a video recipe for him to watch. He’s delighted and just needs ingredient amounts called out to him.
In between the calls of “What’s next?” I hear:
“ERRRRHHG! an egg just fell!”
“Clean it up!”
So now we have pancake batter and he’s cleaning up the mess from that before he starts actually cooking.
Cooking has commenced and soo it looks like we’ll have some pretty darn good pancakes!